Roasting and Production Assistant (part-time)
Conduit Coffee Company is hiring! We are adding to our roasting and production team, and have part-time and seasonal positions available.
Conduit Coffee is about connections. Founded in Seattle in 2012, we are a growing micro-roastery, focused on making real connections in our local and global community. Our coffees are thoughtfully sourced, kindly roasted and delivered locally by bicycle.
- Able to learn to roast on our machine, follow roast profiles, fulfill daily coffee orders
- Perform routine daily maintenance and troubleshooting on our Diedrich IR5
- Complete data entry including roast and inventory logs and daily roast
- Participate in weekly internal quality assurance cuppings
- Assists with other coffee production duties including packing, and order fulfillment
- Support cost reduction goals by maintaining coffee storage, by following efficient blending, batching and weighing practices.
- Maintains organization of roasting workspace and green coffee inventory.
- Professional and reliable, detail oriented
- Previous experience in product production or roasting preferred
- Able to follow Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines, OSHA Safety standards, and applicable health codes at all times
- Basic math, logic and problem-solving skills. Able to multi-task with or without direct supervision.
- Team player, with the ability work independently. Excels at time management.
- Familiarity with SCA coffee cupping procedures, passion for continued coffee learning.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbsfrequently, up to 50 lbs
- Requires standing for long periods, frequent bending, stooping, walking, and climbing.
- Able to perform repetitive and sequential tasks, attention to detail.
Conduit Coffee provides a fair and equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you!